Sunday, April 13, 2008

In tha Hizzy


In keeping with tradition, we spent all day yesterday working on the house. Check this out:



Can lights! We have four of them in each of the rooms now. The electrical is mostly finished at this point, which means that we're ready for sheetrock. I think it's going to change things more than any of our other renovations to this point because it might actually start to look like a place that someone might want to live. I took a few pictures of the studs and insulation just for nostalgia's sake, so we can remember all the stages of remodelation once we're done.


This picture is to give an idea of the ceiling height throughout the house:



And this is from the living room, looking down the hallway.



And what's that in the left corner? Oh, it's a door!



We bought this door in the northern exburbs off of craigslist. It needs a bit of work, but a door like this new is well over $1k, so we saved some serious Benjamins. I tried rotating the picture so that the door was upright, but it gave me a sort of vertigo feeling looking at the door hanging in the air, so I left it on its side. Use your imagination.


I also drove to the exburbs yesterday. I traveled to Snelville, home of Diana DeGarmo. Remember her? Yeah, I didn't think so. I bought the third and final light fixture that will hang in that hallway pictured above. I'm very happy with all three of them.



And now it's time for your Frankie fix (we're looking at you, Grandma!)


He still doesn't like the new house. I think it's the air compressor and the sawsall.



Crate!


4 comments:

jenny said...

the house is looking great. i can't believe how tall the ceilings are, that is really cool. do you have any pictures of the house from the outside? i'm curious.

VirtualM said...

Check here for a picture of the front of the hizzouse. I think I'm going to have to stop referring to the house in Snoop Dogg-esque language now.

claire said...

The door is gorgeous!

Jan said...

You're house is going to be so cool. I can't wait to see it when it is complete. I love the light fixtures and the door.