Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Excess


So, I bought another stained glass window tonight on ebay. Right now, the house is framed for an octagon window, but I don't really like octagon windows, so I started looking for something else. We debated just buying a run-of-the-mill vinyl, rectangular window at the Home Depot, but figured that was too boring for our kitchen! No, we must go overboard with stained glass fixtures because we can, and that's the only reason. Here's a picture of our new acquisition.



This window is 29 1/4" x 17", so it'll fit the space nicely. And, for fun, I'm also currently winning another stained glass hanging light fixture for the hallway. Shipping on these things isn't cheap, so if I can get it for a price of under $5, I'm going to get it as well. Do you think it's a bit much? Probably, but it's getting really hard to stop at this point. :)


And on the topic of excess, I present to you THE PROFESSOR!



Eighty saturated fat grams of crisis control that Juston gave to a co-worker. I'm not sure if she really got the joke, but you know, it never hurts to have a giant, rather studious chocolate rabbit around just in case.

2 comments:

Jacki said...

I've got to see this kitchen of yours! You will have many colors flying around as you prepare wondrous meals!

VirtualM said...

Wondrous meals - ha! More like as we eat pizza that Juston picked up on the way home from work. :)