So here we are....I'm face to face with this blog again. I try not to think about it very often, hence, it gets ignored about 98% of the time. The other 2% of the time, I think about it in passing or use the links on my sidebar to see what other people are up to these days. I've read less blogs lately because I'm busy and because I get crazy jealous of other peoples' fabulous vacations. How is it that everyone else in their late 20s/early 30s can afford to go to foreign countries, beach houses, Disney World, resorts, on cruises, etc., etc., etc.? They must be making the big bucks or they have rich relatives that like to pay for them to go on big trips, because it's totally not how we roll. Anyway. Onward...
I'm teaching an 'overload' load again this semester, which means that I'm working the load of a full-time person but only getting paid as a part-timer (aka I get a flat rate for each class I teach.) It's the joy of working for a state institution during a recession - enrollment is up but funds are down. I only complain on the surface, though, because deep down, I'm very grateful for my job and the fat paychecks I'll be getting this summer (well, fatter than I'm used to getting due to the extra work.) Good thing because I've discovered the joy of running gear and let me tell ya, that stuff isn't cheap!
Bridget is getting fat. I got reprimanded at the vet because she's gained two pounds in the past six months. When you only weigh around 20 pounds, 10% of your body weight is pretty significant. I feel like a bad parent and she's now on a diet. I've also taken her out for a couple of jaunts around the block and she protests with panting and snorting.
The kids are on the express train to crazy town. I can't believe that we have less than two months until Frankie starts the kindergarten. Crazy! The other day I had my first 'oh crap, my kids is actually growing up - it's happening' moment. I'm sure it won't be my last. Harper is into everything and onto everything. She's now speaking in simple sentences. She's also had her first ER visit; she fell face first onto a tile floor after climbing onto a stool at Frankie's swimming lessons and got a concussion. Hanging out in the ER in your bathing suit because a toddler has vomited all over your cover up is not the best way to spend an evening, just an FYI. Of course she is fine and was right back to doing the chicken dance and eating markers within a couple of days.
Last week Juston's older sister and nephew came to visit for a week. It was fun to have some company out our direction for a bit and we had a good time seeing the one or two interesting sights in Atlanta.
I've harvested a single cucumber and one carrot from my garden. Grow little veggies, grow!
Normally I try to include 'unique' content on my blog, but since I really need to get back to the grading, I'm just going to dump a couple of pictures from Facebook on here. It's just easier to send pictures from the phone directly to Facebook. Sorry, blogspot.
The pool is open!
We went to World of Coke and sampled coke products from around the world. Cheers!
Brandon, who is 14, had never been to an aquarium, so we took him to the world's largest. There were a boatload of daycare kids there, but we still had fun dodging children and viewing fish.
We took our out of town company to sample the world's largest peach cobbler. It was 11'x5' - it was big - but big doesn't necessarily mean 'good.' However, the peaches we bought there were ah-mazing.
Happy June. Perhaps I shall return in July with an update from our vacation - we actually are going to the beach, so I'll try to talk it up big and make other people jealous. That's the goal, anyway. I'm also missing any photos from our weekend trip to Chattanooga over Memorial Day. Maybe I'll get around to that sometime. Back to work!