Thursday, May 15, 2008

Summer Fluff #2

I'm a day late with this post; it happens. I've not been in much of a mood to write due to lack of good sleep and other various things happening, but we'll get there. The good news is that we've had a bit of interest in the house and we're showing it to a potential renter soon; the bad news is that means that I have to actually clean my house and try to make it look like someone else might want to live here (we have pretty specific taste.) I've been playing the same game of Bookworm online for about four days now; I'm playing it in spurts and I'm up to level 11, which doesn't beat my level 21 from earlier in the week. I also might get to do a really cool project for TCM, where I'll actually write the copy to go with a photo installation in Mexico City. It would definitely stretch me professionally since I've only done minor professional writing before, but I do have experience with installation projects and I know the TCM photo library pretty well. We'll see if they take my bid - does anyone else know how to quote a price for a project like this? Because I have no idea and could use some help.


Now on to the movie review!


My first thought on Priceless is how much did Master Card pay to get that as the English title of the film? Product placement is so pervasive in any film; it can't be a coincidence that a film about spending money is called "priceless." There are a couple of close-up shots of credit cards, and I do remember at least one being a Master Card. Anyway, I don't have much of a review of the film because I can't find the right words and the L.A. Times critic says it so much better than I can. My quick two cents? Pretty people living the life of luxury in pretty places with not a lot of plot, but a happy ending that involves riding off into the French countryside. Total fluff, but far better than any American rom-com drivel currently infesting our theaters.

No comments: