Wednesday, May 07, 2008

One more try....

Success! Photos uploaded!


As promised, here's a picture of...sheetrock! Our house looks really different with the walls, as I suspected. The picture is kinda gross, but it's dusty in there!




Because we unearthed a layer of asbestos tile while excavating in the kitchen, we decided our best option would be to put down new floors instead of trying to find the old hardwoods. They'll be sanded and stained to match the existing 100-year-old floors throughout the rest of the house once the walls are painted and the cabinetry is installed.





So when Grandma was here, she explored new territory in the realm of spoiling. Frankie got to eat lots of things previously forbidden under the regime of Mom & Dad. Well, he had an ice cream cone one time before, but they're kind of off-limits because they're so messy. Grandma wouldn't have any of that 'it's too messy' talk and gave him this ice cream cone to eat - in the car. The car seat is still sticky. These photos are after we got back to the house and the mess was already in progress. Frankie loved having his grandparents visit and he never had one complaint about the spoling!




(Look closely - there's sugary dairy goodness in the hair.)






Ice cream beeeeeard. (It's a little Dr. Venture meets Colonel Sanders meets Sigmund Freud. Nice look, right?)



In other news, I am running my first 5k this weekend with Winnie.

Pray for me. I'm not worried about the running; I did it today at the gym and, while I got really bored, I did the full distance. The question I have for all of you race veterans out there is, where do you put your keys when you run?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the keys. 1. Ride with someone else. 2. I bought a very thin, flat fanny pack at Target. I worked really well. Good luck. Use your ipod to deal with the boredom. It is also fun to get caught up in the crowd.

jenny said...

seriously, your house looks awesome. i can't wait to see the final result. and that picture of frankie killed me-the little colonel sanders. also, about the run. you are a champ. i chickened out. i really am MUCH to out of shape for this one, even walking.

Sun said...

Frankie is adorable! The house is looking great. My parents have a big old house and they've redone the original hardwood floors. I absolutely love hardwood :)

I always just hide my keys behind the tire of my car. Not the safest, I know, but it's never been stolen.

Jan said...

You're house is really coming along, it is so exciting. I can't wait to see it in person.

Sarah said...

I'm so slow on this! I came really close to running 10k this weekend, but I've yet to run in a race! Good job though Mary! I miss running in Atlanta! Its so much nicer than running along the streets here. What I do with my keys is I bought one of those sproingy key holders-- the ones that look like an old school phone cord-- and I wear that around my arm when I run. Before I had one of those I tied my keys into my shoelaces, and kept a close eye on them while running. Here's the real morbid thing I picked up from my friend Emily: your name and an emergency contact number written in permanent marker on the bottom of your shoes. I like to think this is for less law and order occurrences and more Mupppets Take Manhattan emergencies (IE Kermit, amnesia, etc).