Thursday, May 22, 2008

So I've got news. (It's not what you're thinking.)

I got the job (finally!) I had a second interview today, about 10 months after the first one, and they offered me a job starting fall semester. Basically, I'll be teaching an online film course for the community college. It's 100% from home and I'll get to use my degree so that when I go back to get a PhD (if I can muster up the courage for it,) I'll have something substantial to put on my CV. It also gives me an academic affiliation so I can push myself to try and write papers for conferences. Yay! I'm very much 'nerding out' right now and think I'll celebrate tonight by actually *purchasing* an On Demand movie....maybe Flight of the Red Balloon. Juston doesn't want to see it, so it's a good time to watch it.


Speaking of Juston, he'll be back from the Partylite cruise on Saturday. Many of you have asked what he does on these exotic trips that he takes twice a year. The company he freelances for specializes in multi-level marketing, and they make videos of incentive trips for companies to use as marketing tools. As in, hey, if you sell the most _insert product name here_, you too can go to Cancun! So Juston follows around a bunch of ladies that did really good business in candles, home goods, various juice products, etc., and videos them having fun. He's gone on a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon, swam with dolphins, blah blah blah. This time it's a Caribbean cruise with stops in the Bahamas, among other places. If he complains to anyone about working on these 'trips,' please don't feel sorry for him. This is how he uses his company vacation time, pretty much guaranteeing that we won't ever take a trip to the beach ourselves. Not that we have the cash to do that anyway...but I digress. Time to fold the towels, watch the movie, and drink some Gatorade.

5 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

Congrats on the job!!! I am glad it worked out (finally!)
I do not feel sorry for Juston.
I still say we get a little group together and rent a big beach house/condo this summer or Sept even when the rates go down. Either way, splitting the costs will save $$. Anyone else in?

Jan said...

Congrats on the new job! Good for you. You should take a cruise by yourself.

jenny said...

very cool about the job. sounds like you will be great for it. i'm sure it feels good to do something for you (what's that like?)
like winnie, i don't feel bad for juston. it sounds pretty great, even if he is "working."
winnie, i think that sounds fun about renting something. something to check into anyway.

Amy Lou said...

Congrats on the job. That sounds perfect.
The video of Frankie is the cutest thing. And ....bravo on your Old McDonald Song. Loved it. When Parker was new born...he hated the car...so I had to sing that paticular song as loud as I could to stop the screaming. Good times.

Laura said...

That is great news about the job! You're a better wife than me. If Craig went on cruises for work while I stayed home I'd probably be ticked (or insist that I come along.) =)