Friday, July 18, 2008

Quick update....

We are so swamped, I haven't had the time nor the motivation to update the blog. We're moving in two weeks (yikes!), plus I still have one more exhibit to write for TCM Latin America, which is due next Friday. On top of that, I got word yesterday that if I want to teach my course in the fall, an unexpected amount of the course's preparation would fall into my lap and that I must get started on it next week. So that's where I'm at - spending time with Frankie and when he's asleep, working like mad. Somewhere in there we've also got to pack and if anyone around here has any extra boxes, we're in dire need. Don't expect too much from me, but if Juston takes any good pictures on his phone, I'll try to upload them so that no one goes through Frankie withdrawls. :) Oh - and the fire station did close, but - this is the good part - at the closing ceremony, people were heckling the mayor, booing her, and trying to get her to give a good explanation as to why it was happening. There are still no clear answers, so just pray that we don't have a fire any time soon.

2 comments:

brenna said...

You can try the liquor store for boxes. We've gotten them there a few times for free.

VirtualM said...

Good idea - I hit a few stores after being totally denied at Sam's Club and Babies 'R Us came through for me, but of course, I'm going to need like a zillion more. Luckily there's a package store just down the street, so I will definitely give it a shot.