Monday, July 28, 2008

Juston, hard at work.

This past weekend, Juston went to Comic-Con in San Diego and left me behind to deal with the packing and a fleabag (yes, Bridget attracted parasites for the first time. It was a blast.) To be fair, though, it was a work trip...yes, a work trip to a Comic book convention. Tough job, right? He took my camera, so there are no new pictures of Frankie, not that we did anything photo-worthy this week.


Some unorganized pics of Juston at the convention and the Cartoon Network booth. (For the record, Juston works for CartoonNetwork.com and was there shooting video for the website.)






Juston tells me that this is a character from He-Man. I have no idea.




He stayed at some really expensive hotel. This is the outside.



We're thinking about doing this to our shower door now! Fancy!



People who drive these kinds of cars stay at fancy hotels in San Diego.



That lady was a hotel employee...she worked the front desk wearing that dress, I kid you not.




Cobra Commander from G.I. Joe and his girlfriend? I think?




And last but not least, Juston with M.C. Batmaster from The Aquabats. Juston's boss is friends with the band, so they all got backstage passes to the show at the House of Blues and sat on the side of the stage to watch them play.




So there you have it. Next year it's going to be a family vacation, right? At least there's Dragon*Con in September - I already have Frankie's tiny Star Wars shirt, so he'll fit right in!

5 comments:

Sun said...

I've always wanted to go there just to people watch.

dragon said...

So the trick is to have an awesome job working for an awesome company. I knew I was doing something wrong.

The dude from He-Man is Lock-Jaw, he can change weapons on his arm. The girl from GI Joe is The Baroness and my inner (and outer) geek is wishing to be there.

Count your blessings Juston. Count 'em.

VirtualM said...

And just for the record, Juston knows who all of the He-Man and GI Joe characters are; I'm the oblivious one.
And don't worry, you'll get there! (To the job you love and probably to Comic-Con. I'll eventually stow away to Comic-Con myself, but until then, I'll have to make do with our local fests.)

Heather Bay said...

Wow- this conference looks like a LOT more fun than the conferences where I spent all summer. =)

Jacki said...

Um I think I want HIS job!