Sunday, July 20, 2008

Frankiefest.

Because I cannot deny Frankie's fans (I hear that there are several silent relatives lurking on my blog) and because I'm bored with work, I decided to upload some pictures from my camera to my computer tonight.

Eat your popsicle...yes, he's eating it on the couch...yes, I did think it through before giving it to him, bribes seem to work most of the time. You will notice the dishrag on his shirt, and you will not notice the towel underneath the little sticky monster.



Last week, I decided to pack the contents of my desk for the impending move. During the process, I found a bunch of old stickers, along with a lot of other sentimental junk that I trashed. To keep Frankie busy, I covered him with the stickers, and it worked. I'm still finding them stuck to my floor in unusual places.



Last night when Abe & Jay came over, we did the only logical thing to do with moving boxes - we made a tent!



Frankie tents it up. (Thanks, Grandma Chrys, for the lantern two years ago. I finally pulled it out of storage, changed the batteries, and we made good use of it!)


This morning as I was trying to get ready for church, Frankie raided my basket of clean laundry. He walked into the bathroom wearing one of my skirts (I've resorted to elastic these days *sigh*) and then started flapping his arms like he had wings. Cute, yes, but potentially embarrassing!



So that's it for this post. The house is coming along, which it'd better be since we're down to less than 2 weeks until move-in date. The appliances are being delivered tomorrow morning, the floors are finished, now we're just waiting on the countertops (being made, should be installed later this week), the HVAC (almost done), and the plumbing, which will all be hooked up once the kitchen stuff is in place. I'll make sure to put up more pictures before we crowd the place up with our things. If I can keep the anxiety to a minimum, we might actually survive to enjoy living in our new house!

5 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Mary you are brilliant! Tomorrow I am going to cover my kids in stickers! Maybe I will actually be able to get something done<:)

Wallace Clan said...

I am so excited about the new house. You must throw a huge party! When are you moving? I can talk Eston into helping!

jenny said...

love the frankiefest, cutie. are you getting excited to move into the new abode? what is the exact date of the big move?

Jacki said...

Man he is cute! Let us know when you guys are having people over to your new house! The Snows want to be invited!!!

VirtualM said...

So we are having a big 'moving day' + Juston's birthday (30! Wooooo!) on August 2nd..it involves lifting heavy boxes and transporting them via a big truck. Everyone's invited. :)