Saturday, July 12, 2008

Much poorer.

I bought a computer today - it was going to cost more than the worth of the computer to fix it, so I spent the cashola to get a shiny new one! Hooray! Once I finally get around to setting it up, I promise to upload pics (this is for you, Mom.) The old one will probably be retired for Frankie's use - its just the screen that's burnt out, so theoretically we can hook it up to a monitor and use it that way. And as a word of advice, do NOT go to the Apple store this weekend. There was literally a line all the way down the corridor of the mall with people wanting to buy that new iPhone. It's a phone, people! That is all.

3 comments:

Annie Gedge said...

THAT new iphone. Dan had to bring it in at UPS under a "secure" unload. I didn't know anyone had any money to buy that stinkin' new phone

claire said...

We just fixed a laptop computer with a broken screen to. We bought an old broken one off ebay and switched them out- also the keyboard that was a bit funky due to extensive Webkins usage by thirdgraders. Actually, my 18 yo computer whiz neighbor fixed it- it was all his idea. So we paid about $100 total. I have his name and # if anyone wants it email me.

VirtualM said...

The screen itself isn't broken, but some internal part that causes the screen to light up, or that's what I was told. Juston still wants to buy a screen off of the internet to try and fix it, but I need a computer now, not when he'll finally have the time to fix it in like 2 months, so I got a new one. My old one will be re-purposed if Juston doesn't destroy it when he tries to fix it. This new one has 3x more hard drive space, which I needed anyway, plus it's a lot prettier :) Maybe I'll have Juston talk to your neighbor before he hacks at the ol' machine.