Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I'm going to bore you to death.

Yes, more talk of paint. I finally uploaded the pics from the weekend and since I'm avoiding putting away laundry and it's almost midnight, I might as well post them on the internet, right?


The master bedroom is definitely green.



Go sinks! Go cheap fixtures from IKEA! Juston ended up having to put together the sink basin because things that require exactness frustrate me. It's why I always try to get out of cutting things with the saw - 'close enough' usually doesn't work.



These next few are just to show how the paint colors work against one another. I know that they are a very specific taste, but we're going to live there long enough that I decided to do what I want. Juston's still not convinced on all of the colors, but I think he'll come around. :)





Frankie doesn't enjoy working on the house; last night he kind of gave up and decided that the kitchen floor was as good a place as any to throw a fit and then have a thumb suck.



Tonight I wanted to do something for the house, but since I have to be home earlier than Juston due to an uncooperative toddler (I was bluntly asked to leave the neighborhood association meeting by a slightly rude woman, but that's another story and I don't want to get started on it), I thought 'hey! I can pack!' and then I came to my senses. Besides, we don't have any boxes. Instead, I put together a couple of pictures I'd been wanting to do for awhile. I printed up my three fav drawings and put them against this cool damask paper with some scotch tape. I love the look of scotch tape. Not exactly long lasting, but they'll do the trick. I still need to stain two of the frames, but I figure we'll have some leftover stain from projects on the house. These will go in the kitchen, I think.


3 comments:

Queen said...

I wanna hear the story about the crazy lady. Did you throw some elbows? hahaha. You know I got your back right? She wasn't worth it though, gas is too expensive.
I love the bright and beautiful colors. We are hanging out this Saturday if you need us.

Amy Lou said...

I love the colors too! I wish I could do more with my house...my husband is too chicken to enjoy my vision. You are incredibly artistic and I wish I could come see your house...it's going to be amazing....hey....I actually might be coming to Atlanta late next Summer for a baptism. I'll have to look you up.

brenna said...

I think the colors looks great. So lively.