Friday, March 28, 2008

The latest in ice cream news


Okay, so it's not free this time, but it *is* cheap. On April 30, Baskin-Robbins is having 31 cent scoop night. It's a Wednesday night, so it sounds like a great youth activity for those of you strapped for ideas. There's one in midtown off of Ponce de Leon (You know, across from the Police Headquarters and in the shopping center with the Whole Foods for those of you who like that kind of thing.) There's also one in the Greenbriar Mall. If you go there, you might be lucky enough to pick up a pirated copy of First Sunday - someone tried to sell me one when I went to the Georgia Power office there to turn on the power at the under-construction house. What's worse is that I was standing in line when it happened and the dude even had the audacity to try and sell one to the lady behind the plastic barrier (bullet proof? possibly) at the counter. I love my neighborhood. :)

The online rumor mill has Ben & Jerry's free cone day on Tuesday, April 29th. I will confirm when I get the date from a reliable source. Two days in a row of ice cream? Playgroup ladies? I think I might go into sugar overdrive!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

I just discovered your blog! When Baskin Robbins had free scoop night when I lived in Queens we would go to all 4 locations that were in walking distance from our apartment in succession. It was me and my roommate and like 10 year old neighborhood boys doing this.

Jacki said...

YES!!!!!!!!!! You know I am ALWAYS looking for new youth activities! Thank you thank you thank you!! It is on the calendar!