Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weekend Update

I realize I've been a bit more sparse than normal around the blog. Alas, real life intervenes. We've done nothing very blog-worthy over the past couple of weeks; I've been madly cleaning the house for a baby shower, hanging curtains, only half of which are so crooked that Juston will have to re-do them (not bad!), cutting back the dead perennials in my front yard, working, etc., etc., etc. Frankie's been his usual self, except that we're batting 2 for 5 on days that he took naps last week, which kind of scares me. He's a beast when he hasn't napped, so I can tell he's not quite ready to give them up. I've also seen a couple of movies, to which I'll reply: "Quantum of Solace" wasn't nearly as good as I hoped it would be (note to Marc Forster: multiple chase scenes do not equal a plot) and "Twilight" wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be (and I'm hoping that some of the super cheesy framing (aka the dead-stacking of the owl behind Edward's head in one scene) was director Catherine Hardwicke injecting some personality into what was probably a very restricted filming environment.)

We are going out of town for Thanksgiving, and the road trip involves a stop at Graceland, so I'm hoping for some good photo ops. Until then, I'll leave you with this little gem, and thanks Claire for alerting us to this series of short films:

4 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Just a little unsolicited advice...DON'T give up the nap. Both my kids have gone through those two or even one out of five weeks...BUT thanks to sticking with it I almost always have a two hour block to waste :) We have ALL been much happier for it :)

VirtualM said...

Oh trust me we're not giving up the nap without a serious fight! I'm not ready for having a napless wonder yet.

Heather Bay said...

Thanks for spreading the news on the videos! The high pitched Beaker voice REALLY freaked out my dog. It was so cute!

claire said...

Love it- I hadn't gotten to this one.

Facebook is a better medium for perfectionists like me than blogging- I can make quick decisions and not obsess!