Monday, October 04, 2010

Back on track!

Life is back on, folks! The big job is done and the invoice submitted (hooray! cue cheering!) This means that soon I'll be able to replace my laptop, which has been broken for several months. (Anyone need a 2008 macbook for parts?) Repair begins tomorrow on the Willard house, with a new closing date of October 15th. (more cheering!) We are meeting our future tenants on Thursday to get a deposit and sign a lease (cheering commences Thursday!) And...it's FALL. Today we all wore sweaters when we left the house this morning, and it didn't even break 70 degrees. Oh boy, life is so good right now. I may not feel the same way tomorrow, but we genuinely had a good day today, with Harper managing to take a nap (she's been on a nap strike for a week) and Frankie's whining was to a minimum. I also went splurge-y and got some new running shoes, but I think I'm gonna take them back and replace them with another pair of my beloved Brooks Adreneline GTS shoes (extra wide for square feet!) Tried and true, right? And you care because....I dunno, I'm just in a good mood tonight, so I'm rambling. On to pictures!

Nice weather = obligatory trip to do some sort of outdoor activity. Today, it was the park. When we first got to the park, there were no kids there. When we left an hour later, it was a toddler and preschooler wonderland. I don't think that these pictures really need much explanation; I'm just glad that I happened to have my camera in my bag when I thought I'd forgotten it. Kismet.











(P.S. Frankie picked out his own shirt. It's like seven sizes too big, but that kid is borderline obsessed with Superman, to the point that he told his preschool teachers that he wants to be Superman when he grows up. I hope that this doesn't set him up for a lifetime full of unmet expectations that can only be undone by years of intensive therapy.)

And I forgot one more reason that life is only getting better....I can eat them this year! TAKE THAT, gestational diabetes! <3

2 comments:

wendy_d23 said...

Brooks are always my top choice!

Can't believe how big Harper is!

Jacki said...

Brooks are always Brooks' choice. Seriously! He has super wide feet!! He even has to special order them though. But when they come... likeaglove!

Is Harper walking? She is beautiful!