Sunday, October 10, 2010

Mercier Orchards

Last weekend we went with our friends Dan and Annie to an apple orchard in north Georgia. It was a gorgeous day and we all had an excellent time, although I was feeling that barbecue that we had in Ellijay for a couple of days afterwards.

Frankie on a tractor! I swear he sat on it for at least fifteen minutes and was a tractor hog.


And again, another self-portrait with the beast.


On the tractor ride around the orchard. We didn't actually pick any apples, but we did want to go and have a look at the schmucks who paid extra to pick their own apples. We bought the pre-picked apples, they were cheaper! (I'm just being obnoxious. It would've been fun to pick our own apples. Maybe next year.)


Frankie in front of an orchard. He was in another 'I don't want my picture taken, woman!' mood that day.)



My apple pie turned out pretty good, even if it didn't win any points for aesthetic appeal. It was my first pie with a lattice crust and let me tell you, don't think I'll be doing that again any time soon!

No comments: