Sunday, October 17, 2010

Big girl, you are beautiful.

This almost makes me tear up. Bye bye baby, hello toddler.



She got the hang of it really fast; this is one of the earlier videos I have, but the others are much longer and contain superfluous information, like me singing something that sounds like 'The Ride of the Valkyries.' Thanks to 'swimming pool Grandma' for the little shopping cart for Miss Baby's birthday. And I can't call her that anymore - she doesn't look like a baby at all. It makes me sad, knowing that I won't have a baby in my house anymore (or ever again), but I am excited to see who she's going to become. It's really bittersweet. Her upcoming birthday = big, sobbing, watching baby smash a cake, nostalgic mommy mess.

1 comment:

Claire said...

She is really darling. And when you have big grown up girls like me, she really will still look like a baby here.