Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's all fun times until somebody pukes.

Yesterday we thought it would be a good idea to go to the Red Bull Soapbox Derby in Piedmont Park. They were anticipating crowds of 50,000, and I think they were about right. The day was warm and humid, we drove and found a parking spot about seven blocks away, and walked to the event. I was fine until we hit the crowds. The place was literally packed with people. We got away from the main drag and into the park to try and find another way to watch the races when I lost it. At least I was next to a trash can. I'm just too pregnant to be outside in August in Atlanta - lesson learned. (I'm also dealing with a nasty head cold; in fact, I should be at church right now, but I just feel gross all around and didn't sleep much last night. No, Mom, it's not the swine flu. I took my temperature to check and it's normal.) So at least we tried to get out and do something different, right?

The 'General Lee'


Nacho Libre in front of his soapbox car.


Mario Kart!


Taking advantage of some free ice cream.


Lunch at Front Page News after I decided I needed to leave and go indoors somewhere. That's a train that Frankie made out of all of the condiments on the table. (And he licked the top of the salt shaker not long after this.)


I don't have any pictures of the highlight of the day - Frankie and Juston spent at least twenty minutes rolling down one of the hills at the park while I sat in the shade. Frankie was really bummed when we dragged him away, but still managed to not take a nap. I think it would've been a really fun afternoon, had it been in a month or so after the temperatures drop a bit.

And for fun....bigger every day. This one is a feisty one!

2 comments:

Heather Bay said...

Cute dress!

charles said...

Oh my gosh, Mary! You look great, btw.