Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wildlife.

Been busy again. Things are sorting out for the rest of the week to be quite a normal pace. :)

About a month ago, my mom, my sister, and my nieces drove to Atlanta and spent a week with us. We did lots of fun stuff, but we only have pictures of a couple of things. It's so far after the fact, anyway, that I suppose that isn't all that important.

We went to the Georgia Aquarium. The jellyfish were definitely the highlight of the trip! They were also the first thing we saw, so no one was cranky yet.



Frankie, Elena, and Audrey catch some fish action.


The next day, we went to the zoo. We go to the zoo a lot, and Frankie really wanted to make sure that his cousins saw the animals. Here's Frankie, impersonating a wild animal. Pretty convincing, no?

Grandma & co. with a gorilla statue.

So it's not the best picture ever of us. But here we are (and you love us anyway.)

This pictures sums up my child perfectly - messy, on a train.


Thanks for coming to visit! We had a blast and everyone was exhausted from fun by the end of the week! Frankie still talks constantly about Audrey and Elena and always wants them to come over - he was actually quite bummed that they couldn't come to his birthday party.

I don't have many more pictures. While we have been doing things lately, nothing has been so exciting that we've had to take pictures or share it with the world (or the five people who read this blog.) I did sign Frankie up for a dance class today, so maybe in a few weeks? And I booked our vacation over Labor Day weekend. We're driving to the beach and I cannot wait. I love going to the beach and Frankie hasn't been since just before he turned 1, so hopefully he'll love it, too. I figure it's my last chance to really do anything before the kid comes, and honestly, it's about all we can afford at the moment, but I'm really excited just to get away for a couple of days.

One other thing - should we abandon potty-training? I'm about to give up for awhile. Take today, for instance. We've been home since about 1:30 PM. It's now 5:45. In that time, he has wet three pairs of underpants, used his potty twice, and most recently, looked at me, said "I have to potty," and then proceeded to go right there, all over the floor. He knows when he needs to go but refuses to do it. Is he just not ready? What's going on? The kid is three, and I am so tired of changing his poopy diapers, especially since I know that he's able to use the potty and he knows and is aware of when he needs to use it. Yes, I know I'll have more poops soon, but it's different. I feel like he should know better and it's frustrating me to no end. Help!

3 comments:

Becky said...

LET IT GO! One day one of his buddies will use the potty when he is around and he will say "I want to use the potty." AND that will be the end of that. 3 years and 3 months is average for boys anyway. I would much rather change diapers than clean up accidents. Good luck.

wendy_d23 said...

Yeah, SM only figured it out because 'all his friends were doing it.'

And peeing outside is a highlight. If he has to go, tell him he can pee on a tree. Helps him be able to hold it a minute longer.

You've got till Nov, right? :)

Wallace Clan said...

That's so fun that you get a vacation at the beach. I hope you have an enjoyable time since the baby is coming soon. As for the potty let him decide. I agree I would rather change diapers than clean a mess up. Miss you guys and I do read your blog.