Monday, August 03, 2009

Birthdaystravaganza!

Since on my last post someone said that 'no one cares' that I'm not posting and I'm pretty sure that the anonymous person is right, I'll just unfold the past few weeks as I get around to it. :)

We'll start with the present and work our way backwards....

It's Frankie's birthday! He's three! We started the morning with presents...



...and since it's only 10:30 AM, we're still lazing about in our pajamas, so we haven't done anything else. We're going to go swimming in a bit.

Yesterday was Juston's birthday! Both boys got RC cars yesterday (although we didn't have enough batteries for both.) And yes, Juston actually wanted that.




And Frankie picked out this gem of filmmaking for Juston - although I think it had more to do with the fact that the cover is red.


Saturday night was the rockin'-est party ever. It was for both Frankie and Juston, but the kids easily outpaced the adults. We kept it really simple because I'd just come off of a couple of crazy weeks, but because Frankie has been so excited about his birthday, we had to do something. And this party is proof that you don't need a fancy, expensive party for your preschooler - the skate ramp in the backyard was probably the most entertaining thing for the under five set. No one cared that there were swarming mosquitoes and that the humidity was close to 100%.


My 'dinosaur cake.' No, I don't have mad cake-making skillz. No one cares, right? :)

Sweat, dirt, and chocolate: I think this face really says it all.

The burro pinata - Frankie picked it out. After all of the other kids had a whack, the other, bigger birthday boy had to bust it open.

Frankie gets some lovin' from Kembe.


Even though we said no presents, he still got a few and loved them all!


Kembe, Abe, and Jay got THIS for Frankie. How can you top a basketball tent???


Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate with us; we're still recovering from our crazy weekend birthday marathon. I've still got a lot of other things to blog, along with some videos from the party, but like I said, no hurry, right?

5 comments:

Jacki said...

Well BOO! to anyone who said 'no one cares' cause I sure do and I could punch that person who doesn't care in the face... wow didn't know I had it in me ;).

Happy Birthday, Birthday Boys! We sure had fun at the party and staying out super late at your place! We miss you guys!

Heather Bay said...

I hope my next birthday involves an awesome backyard skate ramp. Looks like you guys had fun!!!

Sun said...

Whatever, anon jerkface! I'm totally your blog stalker and have been disappointed that there hasn't been much posting going on.

So happy birthday to the birthday boys. It looks like you guys had a blast.

Chad said...

Looks like a good party to me. I'm glad you're still posting.

finau said...

I am your blogstalker, too....I found you on somebody's blog in the ward?? don't remember who... but I READ YOUR BLOG....whatever on what that lame-o said!!