Saturday, October 31, 2009

Harper!

Harper was born yesterday, October 30th, at 12:51 PM, weighing 7 lbs 6 oz and measuring 19 inches long. She just couldn't wait until Halloween. :) She's got a head full of brown hair from somewhere and has dark blue eyes (we think.) 


I woke up at 7 AM having contractions three minutes apart. We took Frankie to a friend's house (thanks, Kembe) and went to the hospital, where things progressed quickly - almost a little too quickly. I was in a lot of pain and got an epidural around 11 AM. Afterward, I relaxed and went from a 5 to a 9 in about an hour. After 15 minutes or so of pushing, she was out! It was a fast, fairly easy labor with no complications.  She's a great eater and we already love her to bits! I'll update on the middle name once it's final and post more pictures later; the hospital wifi sucks. We expect to go home early tomorrow afternoon; I tested GBS positive, so they want to keep us for 48 hours 'just in case' as I was unable to get the antibiotics four hours before she was born, even though everything is going as well as can be! Juston says that I seem to be feeling better than I have in months and it's definitely true; I'm so glad to not be pregnant anymore. We're so happy to welcome Harper to the family!

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

YEAH!! Welcome Harper (love the name)! Congrats... especially on the quick and "easy" labor/delivery.

Jacki said...

We are so excited for you! She looks like a doll and hopefully she will be as easy as her delivery! Can't wait to meet her.

Sun said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. I'm so glad everything went well and I love her name.

Laura said...

She's a cutie! I wish I could come out and see you guys! Little girls are fun, so enjoy!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well.

Laura said...

Congratulations, you guys! I'm glad everything was quick and easy. I love her name!