Monday, September 28, 2009

Bring on the T-Rex!

So last Friday I won tickets to this arena show called "Walking with Dinosaurs." I won them through a radio contest - I called on a whim, and I won them. I had no idea that people actually won those things. I'm glad I did, because it was pretty awesome, and the tickets were mucho dinero - I estimated our seats were roughly $60 a ticket before all of those amazing Ticketmaster fees.

The show consisted of giant, life-size puppets of dinosaurs roaming around an arena with an actor, who was playing a paleontologist, narrating the whims of science and history (supposedly - we all like to theorize about what really happened.) Frankie thought it was pretty great. I thought it was way better than having to go to something like princesses on ice. (We're going to avoid princesses as long as possible, for ideological reasons.) Besides, I was a dinosaur girl as a kid, so this was right up my alley!

Frankie and I, before the show. Frankie is showing everyone what a free ticket looks like.


Some random dinosaur - if you look, you can see that there was a tiny car-like structure moving the dinosaur; Juston figured that there was actually a person driving the car around, and then probably a puppeteer inside of the dinosaur moving the legs, tail, head, and creating expressions on the dinosaur's face.


Stegosaurus!


Intermission...when I went to buy popcorn.


Finally, you make us wait until the end for the T-Rex!


T-Rex menaces a Triceratops and an Anklyosaurus.


On the way out....



I'd say it was a smashing success!

3 comments:

Sun said...

That looks so freakin' cool. Charlie would have died from excitement.

Jan said...

We saw the same show a few months ago but had to pay the big bucks for the seats. Almy thought the dinosaurs were real and was pretty scared. Ethan was so into it that when it ended, he broke out into full tears begging to watch it again. Glad you got to go.

Tad said...

Tracy took me for my birthday a couple years ago (without the kids) It was awesome. I love dinosaurs.