Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter, since I haven't posted Christmas yet.

First of all, a couple of photos from the neighborhood egg hunt. Juston has more, I just have to put them on my computer, so they're still forthcoming. We did not have anything fancy like a bunny petting zoo or games, but the kids didn't care and had a blast. I think about 25 kids total showed up to gather the 500 eggs, so each kid got plenty - some even had overflowing baskets. The parent feedback was also really positive, so it looks like I'll be planning another one of these for next year.

Frankie and Diego are ready to go! (Diego's excitement was palpable. He was there when we stuffed the eggs and apparently he'd been on pins and needles for a couple of days just waiting to get his hands on some candy.)


Lazy eyes, but he was having a good time. He managed to get the hang of it and was gathering up eggs without any help!


Easter morning - the Easter Bunny, he did come.


All dressed up for church and eating the traditional Easter morning breakfast of m&m's. Doesn't he look smart in his fancy new church clothes? It took a lot of effort to get him something new to wear (shopping? yikes.) but since I usually only get him new church clothes at Easter, I wanted to make sure that he got something good.


Frankie was being mr. crankypants and would NOT smile for anything, so here's the best picture we could get.


After church he loosened up a bit and played with his new giant bubble wand. If you have kids, these are seriously the best. They require very little effort from an adult and make huge bubbles.


We had some friends over for Easter dinner. They brought already cooked steaks and potatoes, for which Juston was exceptionally grateful (the smell of food preparation literally makes me vomit, so I cannot be around any cooking, so no, Juston can't even cook for himself. We eat a lot of cereal.) He even exclaimed more than once 'real food at my house!' Poor Juston, throw some sympathy his way and then roll your eyes. They also brought over huntin' eggs, which were hidden in the backyard. This time, Frankie had the drill down. I think he got more eggs on Sunday afternoon (only one other kid) than he did on Saturday at the hunt. We're already developing his competitive nature. :)



We had a fun Easter. I'm looking forward to next year when I can make my traditional dinner and actually boil some eggs for coloring. We *might* color eggs this summer anyway if I get to feeling better, so if some random pictures of egg dyeing pop up in July or August, just humor me.

1 comment:

Laura said...

My girls wouldn't let me get a good picture of them either. I think its the age. Looks like you have fun and Frankie looks cute in his plaid pants!