Sunday, December 07, 2008

Thanksgiving, Part Two: Christmas with Grandma & Grandpa and on to Graceland!

This is our family photo from the trip. If you're not careful, it might end up in your mailbox as a Christmas card, but honestly, I'm not that motivated, so just enjoy it here. P.S. If you're ever in North Little Rock and need to stay in a dive motel for a few hours to get some sleep, whatever you do, do NOT stay at the Motel 6 just off of I-40. Trust me on this one.



We were lucky enough to cross paths with my parents on the day after Thanksgiving. On the way to Branson, Missouri, they stopped in Rogers, Arkansas, to visit Carolyn & Dwayne, my great aunt and her husband who also double as Frankie's #1 fans. We had a lovely dinner with them and then opened Christmas presents so that Grandma and Grandpa could get some priceless reactions. The foam bowling set was the biggest hit of the evening. (Note to Carolyn & Dwayne - we did take some pics of Frankie in his Razorbacks sweatshirt, but the flash did some weird stuff, so you'll have to believe me when I say he looks very cute in it. Next time he wears it I'll be sure to snap one for you.)


(I've spared any photos of Frankie with his grandparents because, mom, I know you'd kill me.)

On to Memphis! This is us on Beale Street, home of the blues!



We didn't plan on visiting Beale St., but we saw these cool concrete balls and had to stop and play for a bit (Beale St. was around the corner.) This was arguably Frankie's favorite part of the trip, although it doesn't show in this picture..



Our little Sisyphus.



Shameless plug for myself.



The back of Graceland, home of Elvis Presley. We didn't get any pictures of the front for some odd reason, nor did we really take that many pictures.



This was only a small sampling of the infamous embroidered and bedazzled jumpsuits on display.



Frankie loved Elvis's airplanes.



My favorite part of the trip? It was Sonic country! We stopped every day for a treat, which meant that Frankie had way too much ice cream. Cherry Dr. Pepper...mmmmmmmm.



That's it for the trip. I'm not sure how much I'll be around this week - my grades are due soon and I've got a lot of papers that I need to grade in the meantime. Of course, I always say that, and then I get bored and come back to blogging. We did see Santa when we went to the Botanical Gardens yesterday (he was scared to death) and we have pictures of Frankie with the fake snow at Atlantic Station, so it's coming.

1 comment:

claire said...

Bedazzling trip.

LOL- my little word verification says "DETOXE"