Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas Delectibles

I admit it. We have lowbrow taste. White chocolate gorp is one of our very favorite Christmas treats. We can't get enough and it doesn't last long around here. We (okay, I) make treats for co-workers each year, and if you work with Juston and you're looking at the blog, you now know what you're getting for Christmas.

* 2 pounds white chocolate
* 6 cups crispy rice cereal squares, e.g., Rice Chex
* 3 cups toasted oat cereal
* 2 cups thin pretzel sticks
* 2 cups cashews
* 1 (12 ounce) package mini candy-coated chocolate pieces

DIRECTIONS

Melt chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat or in microwave until just until soft. (We melt white chocolate chips in the microwave.) Stir until melted. Combine all the other ingredients in big roaster pan or bowl. Stir chocolate into mixture. Turn out on waxed paper. Of course anything you like can be added or substituted-but this recipe is a great combination!

1 comment:

Amy Lou said...

I just love the way you write...it entertains me so.
This recipe looks yummy...I'm going to try it. Thanks!
Go on more road trips....the stories and pics make my day.