Saturday, December 20, 2008

Festivities - Church Par-tay

It's been a long day of traveling, so don't expect much in the banter department. Although I'm in Utah and it's a reasonable 10:45 PM, my body aches because it thinks it's almost 1 AM and we got up at 5:30 AM to catch our flight. So take it for what it is.

Last Saturday night was our Ward Christmas Party. For those of you not in the know, Mormons have congregations called 'wards' which are composed of people within a certain geographical area. Our ward happens to include the inner city of Atlanta, along with a couple of southern suburbs and up north a bit into midtown. It's an interesting mix. Every year we have a Christmas party that is a sort of potluck/talent show/Santa fest and this year was no exception. The food was good (although it's always kind of a 'pray for the loaves and fishes miracle' at our potlucks), the talent was adequate (I decided to branch out and sing something out of character - probably not a good idea, but hey, a couple of the kids were diggin' it), and Santa was a South American man. There must've been something to that, because Frankie actually liked this Santa and now asks for Santa all the time. I think we may have some trouble weaning him off of Santa and Frosty once the holidays are over and I can't take it anymore.

Eating and staving off hunger as well as the momarazzi (or poparazzi, in this case. Yes, a lame joke.)


Santa, bring Frankie a fire engine!


Eating the requisite candy cane.





I hope that everyone out there has a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays or Winter Solstice or whatever you choose to celebrate. I'll be huddled up inside, trying to avoid the snow (I walked out of the airport and remembered why I moved south - it's too cold!) I'll also be enjoying the family, eating too much and loving every minute of it, last-minute shopping, trying to hit a couple of movies while we have lots of willing babysitters, and reading my semi-trashy novels.

Oh and I have a hair surprise once I take a photo. Don't stay up at night wondering, but it was a sudden and unexpected change that I allowed yesterday in the stylist's chair. That's your teaser.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ooh. I'm waiting for the hair picture, especially if it was a last-minute at the salon deal!