Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another tag, floating around the blogosphere....

This is a new tag that I haven't seen yet - 7's & 8's. I will probably do only one so as to not bore you all. I have a load of new pictures and videos, but I'm too tired to upload them to my computer right now, so you'll have to wait, but check back soon. This one is courtesy of Sun.


7 things I plan to do before I die...
1. Watch Gone With the Wind, Birth of a Nation, and North by Northwest. It may sound strange, but I get some weird looks when I tell people I haven't seen them and I work in film and teaching. Whoops.
2. Go back to school - if I can suck it up for another 6 years (PhWhat?)
3. Visit Japan
4. Learn to drive a stick shift
5. Run a 10k (that's for you, Wendy, you half-marathoner, you)
6. Learn to sew
7. Read lots more books and watch lots more movies

7 things I can do...
1. Write really long papers (I'm very long-winded)
2. Research trivial factoids
3. complicated step aerobics moves (I've got skillz)
4. write basic HTML booyah :p
5. sing
6. remember really insignificant facts and events (my memory is AMAZING when it comes to unimportant stuff)
7. be fairly entertaining while lecturing or teaching a class (I think)

7 things I cannot do...
1. Sew. Except for reconstructing t-shirts (shout outs to Sarah F.)
2. cut a straight line with a saw. Remodeling taught me this.
3. remember where I put my keys. Ever.
4. sit through a presidential debate. It's so painful I have to turn off the TV.
5. keep a cool head when I'm running late for something important.
6. eat fish. Seriously? Ew. The smell alone makes me ill.
7. Enjoy watching sports on TV. Sorry hon, you're on your own for that one.

7 Things that attract me to my spouse
1. we're totally bookends - I can't believe I found someone that compliments me so well.
2. we have loads of fun together.
3. his mad skillz in many areas - I mean, the guy remodeled a whole house! plus he's great at his day job, too :) (check the vids on CartoonNetwork.com for proof!)
4. he's cute!
5. he's loyal and committed
6. his willingness to let me be my own person (aka I dragged him to Atlanta so I could follow my dream)
7. his compassion for others

7 Things I say most often
1. Let's go!
2. Bridget! (In a scolding sort of way)
3. Get down from there!
4. Be careful!
5. Love you! (these are all turning into exclamations)
6. I'm so tired
7. I need to go to bed earlier....

7 Favorite foods...
1. cheese mmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm
2. dr. pepper (I'm leaving this one. throw in some cherry, too. heaven!)
3. Trader Joe's salsa
4. french fries
5. pink lady apples
6. pineapple
7. watermelon


We'll start the 8's and see how far I get before naptime ends....

8 favorite tv shows:
1. Tom Goes to the Mayor (RIP)
2. Dexter
3. Uhhhhhh anything on HGTV? I can't believe I admitted that in public.
4. Big Love
5. America's Next Top Model, until this season. Tyra's getting a bit out of control.
6. Heroes, but again, this season is just getting too big for its britches and it's kind of frustrating me.
7. Colbert Report
8. InfoMania on current.com (hooray for Sarah Haskins!)

8 Favorite restaurants:
1. Brake Pad
2. Cantina La Casita
3. No Mas! Cantina
4. Front Page News
5. Malaya
6. the Publix deli (best sub sandwiches, hands down!)
7. George's burgers & beer (best burger in tha' ATL)
8. can I say chick-fil-a without getting beat up?


8 Things That Happened yesterday:
1. went to the doctor for my 'well woman' exam (hate the term 'well woman')
2. watched 2/3 of Finding Nemo, not by choice, while playing with trains
3. wrote a lecture on irony, satire, and parody in film
4. signed up for the Beltline 5k this Saturday (you should too! It's FREE!)
6. watched 2/3 of Cry Baby, a John Waters film, on YouTube in 10 minute spurts
7. went to the gym and read my book while exercising (The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. Loving it.)
8. put away two loads of laundry and mopped the kitchen floor, you know, domestic stuff

8 Things I Am Looking Forward To:
1. Getting enough iron (FE) in my system to not be so tired!
2. Bridget learning not to poop on the floor
3. Frankie - potty trained!
4. Christmas - we're going to Utah, and it'll be fun to watch Frankie ride on the tractor and play with the horses on the farm.
5. having a fence 'round my backyard so I can send aforementioned dog outside to poop without my own involvement in the ordeal.
6. the ward Halloween party; I'm not 100% in charge again this year so I'll be able to enjoy it more, plus Frankie's at a totally fun age for that kind of stuff.
7. making 'thee amazing Halloween sugar cookies' (I'll post the recipe again as I've had requests - it makes like 60 cookies per batch!)
8. fall weather, because it's too stinkin' hot here today!

Looks like I made it all the way through with nary a child's peep! (I've got two under my stewardship today.) I tag Annie, Wendy, Vanessa...ummmm....who else reads my blog...Aimee, Amy R., and whoever else. You can do 7's, 8's or both! We'll leave it at that. Pictures soon, as well as more videos of even more death-defying jumps by Frankieman.

4 comments:

charles said...

you are a wonder woman!

What about Breaking Bad? Have you seen that show???
p.s. what do you think about this season's Dexter? We're slightly disappointed....boohoo.

VirtualM said...

I haven't seen Breaking Bad...I will definitely look it up! I haven't started watching Dexter season 3 yet - we'll probably wait for the DVD because Juston will get mad if I start without him, plus the instant gratification part is nice. I was sort of disappointed in season 2, so my expectations are low!

Becky said...

You will be glad to know that I have seen Gone with the Wind, Birth of a Nation, and North by Norhtwest. I have also seen Cry-Baby. I think that I might have even seen it at the theater! I know that I saw Gone With the Wind at the theater in 1998. I am also very good at remembering useless information. I wonder who we inherited that from? I also watch ANTM. Have you seen the Real Houswives of Atlanta? It's my new favorite.

Heather Bay said...

Big Love is one of my favorite shows, too!