Saturday, August 16, 2008

Us being old.

On Thursday night, we left our house at the late hour of 10 PM to go and see a band. Yes, adventurous us. (My mom was in town so we left her at the house with a sleeping pnut. Thanks, mom!) We went to the Variety Playhouse to see Omaha band The Faint, and let me tell you, the place was more packed than it was for Siouxsie Sioux 4 years ago or Ladytron 2 years ago or any of the other few shows I've seen there. We were tired (we're old and all) so we found a spot we were very happy with on the back row of seats. You see, this venue has a bunch of standing room in the front and then some theater-style chairs in the back and at this point, we're done being in the front. We did stand up and dance, and being in the back, we didn't have to get close to any of the sweaty kids with black hair and too many tattoos. The band was great and had the most amazing lighting use I've ever seen. The pictures aren't great, but I'm sure you can find something on YouTube if you're interested in learning more.


It was dark in there.



The lighting looks good, can't really see the band, but hey, nice lighting!



3 comments:

Annie Gedge said...

Wow, that is a sign of being old when you go to a concert and you don't fight you way up to the front. I guess that is why Daniel and I haven't been to a concert in ages; we don't want to see how old we really are!

Sun said...

Joey and I are the same way. A couple of years ago he bought me tickets for R.E.M and we sat in our seats the whole time. Of course, it was a week before Riley's heart surgery and we hadn't slept in months but in my heart of hearts I knew it was really because I was getting old. It was still an awesome show but long gone are the days of standing on the speakers.

jenny said...

we wanted to go to that show but didn't know what to do with dez. was it good? i heard they are great live.