Monday, December 17, 2007

House update.....


So I forgot the camera on Saturday. I'll try to make a trip over to the house this week to snap a few pics of the destruction since I won't be there for awhile (Juston will be there, but I'm going to be preoccupied for a few weeks.) The good news is that after ripping up carpet in two rooms and the most disgusting design of parquet and tile flooring in another, we found hardwoods! Hooray! We suspect there are hardwood floors in the other bedroom and the hallway, and quite possibly the kitchen, but we're not quite there yet. I did miss the neighborhood association Christmas party on Saturday due to a last-minute freelance job that I had to do (money trumps social revelry, and I needed to be home early), but there is a write-up on it in the Atlanta-Journal Constitution, the metro area paper here in Atlanta. After reading about it here and on a couple of other blogs, I'm sad that I missed it and it makes me excited to move to the West End. The neighborhood has a great sense of community, at least from my perspective on the outside, that I just haven't seen in most other parts of the city. By the way, our East Point house will still be up for rent sometime early next year if anyone is interested.... :)

1 comment:

Nolan said...

I also read about the Westview Christmas party...makes me sad that our community doesn't have the same sense of involvement. We have the neighborhood association, but we have found it a bit...lacking...so far.