Monday, September 24, 2007

Halloween Costumes


Now that it's the end of September, the conversation is all about 'what is your kid going to be for Halloween?' Almost everyone I've asked at least has an answer, if not a costume, already. I'm still floundering in the land of uncertainty. For the last two years, we've talked about dressing Frankie as an intern from The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou. The costume is simple because it really only requires a red beanie and a shirt that says "Team Zissou" on one side and "Intern #1" on the back. The biggest drawback is that not many people, at least at the church party, will understand the costume. The good news is that, if we can get Frankie to keep on a hat, it's a really easy, fairly close to regular clothes costume, so it won't bug him all night. If I decide to do this, I've got to hurry and order the red beanie.



But I'm also kicking around several other ideas. What about making Bridget and Frankie matching spiders with legs made out of tube socks? (We are going to PugFest this year....) The main problem I forsee there is that he'll have trouble sitting in his stroller if it gets to that, especially at Trick or Treat on Turner Street. Or what about matching bee costumes (probably purchased, I'm not that good.) Or what if we just forego costumes? I'm so indecisive.

Juston's going to be Shaun from Shaun of the Dead and I'm going to be Rosie the Riveter, just in case you were wondering. Or maybe we should all just be members of "Team Zissou" for a family costume. Even Bridget could pull that one off.



What do you think? What are you/your kids/your dog going to be for Halloween?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elena is going to be a pumpkin (or as she says it mpkin!). I'm going to be a pumpkin too!! My belly is nice and round and will look cute with a jack-o-lantern face on it. (Don't worry the face will be on a t-shirt, not by actual belly!)