Sunday, August 12, 2007

Suggestions?


Yessiree, I've been registered....



So I was talked into trying out for American Idol by my loving spouse and another friend who is also trying out. Mostly this is just for laughs and some people watching (there will be around 10,000 people in the Georgia Dome on Tuesday, complete with total weirdos and showbiz moms), but I don't want to make a complete idiot of myself. I need song suggestions! I have to have two ready. I'm mulling over a couple, but they aren't very well known songs for the most part. I'm thinking of doing "Come on Eileen" as covered by Save Ferris in the late 90s and perhaps "Hide and Seek" by Howard Jones or "Bittersweet" by Moxy Fruvous. But really, I have as much chance of advancing past the first audition as Bridget does of learning to do taxes. There's no need to get all serious. But what do you think? What should I sing? (We've already ruled out Yung Joc.)

5 comments:

Jan said...

That is so cool Mary. You need to have more confidence in yourself. You could be the next American Idol. I don't have any suggestion for song choices, because I'm last person you would want advice on that from. Anyway, keep blogging and I enjoy reading it. Good luck on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I say anything by Britney Spears or BSB!

Good luck!!

Evans not Evens lol said...

Sound like alot of FUN. I don't think I a would ever do that you know what happens to me when I sing in front of people. ( well its mostly church stuff ) anyway GOood LUck!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I second Britney.

Blake said...

Congrats Mary, I tried to get Jan to join you but she will only sing to keep the kids from screaming. I know I'm too late, but "Hide and Seek" would have been a great choice.