Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Good News, Bad News


First the good news...I talked to the woman at Georgia Perimeter College today, and she said I definitely have a job; apparently they stopped looking for someone when she met me, which is flattering. The job is teaching an online film course. Basically, I facilitate the students, answer e-mails, grade papers, etc. The college comes up with the curriculum, so I don't even have to deal with that. They've never done an online film course, so I'll be the first one to test the waters.

The bad news...the job doesn't start until spring semester, which is after Christmas. Apparently they weren't able to create the course in time for fall semester, which starts in two weeks. I kind of figured that had happened since it's been over six weeks since my interview and I had been warned that it wasn't a top priority for fall. This means I've got to keep looking for freelance work until then - if anyone has any leads, let me know! I am very excited, though; this is my ideal job and I'm so glad it worked out. Now I just have to figure out how to sneak "Snakes on a Plane" into the course curriculum...

No comments: