Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Three-plus hours of TV and it's not even 10 AM.

So as it turns out, not just the blog is vomiting today. Sick kid, chance to stay home and get caught up on everything, right? So here's some stuff-age, but really, I don't have pictures of anything but mundane activities, so they'll have to satiate the rabid grandmas everywhere (or at least in two places) that are hankering for some cute kids.

My life looks a lot like this - Harper jumpy jumping and Frankie eating. The kid is a bottomless pit, with a special affinity for the PB&J.



I got myself an ultra-fancy Beco Butterfly baby carrier last week. I've wanted one since I had Harper, and since we probably won't have any more kids, I decided to splurge and spend the big bucks (luckily these hold resale value really well, so I was able to convince Juston that I needed it.) The thing is amazing and very comfortable and since it holds kids up to 45 pounds, Frankie was my guinea pig. (He only weighs 32 pounds, but whatever.)


This is the reason I'm considering adding a hose attachment to our kitchen sink. Self-feeding rears its messy face!



Instead, there's a nightly bath at our house, where Harper gets all new-baby-smell fresh each night. Last night, Frankie joined in on the action, complete with bath ducks for all. Can you say 'blackmail'?



Other news...um, I'm still working three jobs (one freelance writing exhibits for Turner, one drop-in childcare - can't beat free half price on my days off and since I only work one day a week, that leaves most of 'em!, one teaching) and that keeps me pretty busy. The 5k in the heat wasn't too bad, I even got a decent time considering I hadn't run outside in weeks. The race this weekend is going to be so crowded (upwards of 55,000 people) that I won't be able to do more than a steady jog even if I wanted to go faster. My dog is a fleabag and our house is a wreck. We're not doing anything for the 4th of July, but our trip to Dallas is soon! And I'm considering chopping the hair off; this 'long hair' stuff is for the birds, I tell ya! That's life, what can I say?

1 comment:

Laura said...

so cute! can wait to meet harper in a couple of weeks!