Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blerg

That's the sound of blog vomit.

It's been busy around here, again, as usual. I haven't seemed to have my camera handy lately, either. I've been working my little heart out; it's the 'three part-time jobs' time of year when I go into summer overdrive and think that I can do it all! I'm also having an identity crisis as I realize that my kids are gonna go and grow up on me and then what am I going to do with my life? Do I go back out and try my hand in the corporate world or do I keep on 'winging it' with the kids and the part-time work and the community stuff? These are all rhetorical questions, by the way.

In other news, there's really no other news. Harper has two teeth, which means that I've slept so awesomely, if your definition of awesome is being woken up about four times a night and waking up at 6:30 AM after about six total hours of sleep, maybe less. It's a good thing I have the cutest baby ever; cuteness is a survival tactic when mom is in crazy no-sleep mode. Frankie is unusually precocious and active, but we're finding ways to siphon off the energy with swimming pools and trampolines and child labor-like activities. (It's too bad we can't find a way to siphon it off into some sort of money-making endeavor!) Juston continues to toil away at the Willard House. Oh, and it got robbed! Yeah, we should've seen that one coming a mile away. Luckily the damage was minimal and some pawn shop is now in the possession of a really nice tool belt and air compressor. Kindezi stuff is in full-on mode with teachers starting next month. I'm also training for a 10k. I can run the distance, no problem, but I'm afraid that if you factor in running outside when it's a billion degrees with 100% humidity, there's a chance that I might pass out and get trampled by the 54,999 other runners (okay, more like a few hundred as I'll be behind most of them with my solid 10 minute mile. I just can't compete with those "I can run 6 miles in 25 minutes" show offs.) But hey, nice strong legs!

One day, the future will arrive. And with it, pictures. And possibly a vacation to somewhere. Or not.

No comments: