Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kidlets.

After propping her up, I was able to step away and snap this picture of Harper in a sitting position, which she held for a good thirty seconds on her own. She can get on her hands and knees and rock back and forth, but she'll be darned if she's going to sit up on her own.


Earlier, Frankie told me he didn't like the baby. When I asked him why, he said he wanted to hold her. Huh? The reasonings of an almost four-year-old child, I suppose. So I let him. What started out as this:


quickly devolved into this as Frankie realized he didn't have a prayer holding something that is half of his own body weight:



For the record, Harper weighed 15 lbs 11 oz as of last week. Frankie weighs 32 pounds as of his sedation dentistry today. Yep, Frankie went in for sedation and had six, count 'em, six cavities filled. He was only supposed to have three filled, but since he was already under, they did some extras that they found while poking around in there. We now have to hold him down and floss his teeth nightly, which we've been doing for six weeks. It's not pretty. I'm also going to swear off anything gummy for that kid as apparently they aggravate cavities and he has two more forming. What is up with his mouth? He must have decay forming in his spit.

Other than highly-involved dental procedures, our lives are pretty boring. Since there's no preschool, I spend my spare time entertaining a preschool-age child who is highly social and needs almost constant interaction (usually while carrying a big baby in a sling.) When I'm not doing that, I'm grading papers - or feeling Harper's gums for errant teeth that have decided to poke through the surface (for the record, we're still at one, and that was as of yesterday.) Juston spends his time watching movie trailers while rendering video clips at work, yippee. Things are holding steady, but it's getting kinda dull. Ideas of how to 'shake things up' are duly appreciated. Ideas on how to get a full night's sleep are also greatly appreciated as I haven't had one of those in several months.

Oh, and did anyone notice that the baby has HAIR? Frankie was totally bald until well past age one, so this is an unexpected surprise. I think it's also high time that we dressed Bridget in another costume and took some pictures; that's what the internet *really* needs.

3 comments:

brenna said...

Eek! It seems like everyone's kids have cavities. Good luck flossing!

Bianca said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your kid's cavities. I mean, six? That's a lot for a small child. It was a good call for his dentist to use the techniques of sedation dentistry. Las Vegas dentists also offered me that when I had oral surgery a few months ago. Knowing that dentists in Las Vegas always know what's best for their patients, I just trusted their suggestion. Things turned out beautifully, thank God.

Kevin Durant said...

It's so sweet to see Harper's progress! My little one is also on the brink of crawling, but she still has a long way to go. It's amazing how quickly these little ones grow and develop, and every milestone is such a joy to witness. Keep up the good work, Harper! Can't wait to see her crawling and exploring the world around her.