Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hippies in the Springtime

Frankie's preschool + spring = all of the earthy, granola-y goodness you've come to expect. This presentation was a big deal, with parents enacting 'Mother Earth', 'Father Sun', 'Sister Rain', and 'Brother Wind', all nourishing a seed. Each child was given a peat pot, a seed was planted in it, and then it was presented to each entity while a song was sung that described the process. Afterwards was a 'potluck', complete with hummus and sunflower seeds. I don't think Frankie will even touch hummus, honestly. Apparently a kid in his class has a hummus allergy, but how do you find out these things? Do you even know a three-year-old that eats hummus?

Anyway, I digress. Here's the video:



For what it's worth, we really do like Frankie's preschool and he's thriving there. He loves to work in the 'garden' at home and is very interested in planting vegetables this year. Stuff like this is just so foreign from my childhood experience that it makes me scratch my non-hippie head sometimes.

3 comments:

chrys rindlesbach said...

What a great school. I want to go there
See you soon grandma r

Sun said...

According to my father the farmer, cousin cow manure is the one doing the real nourishing.

That was cute. I think I would have had a hard time not giggling but I'm not a real granola type.

charles said...

Dries devours hummus!--even before he turned 2!