Friday, May 29, 2009

The big 'D'

I am lucky that I have great in-laws and a great family; I didn't mention that in my last post and we are very blessed. Now on to the good stuff....

Last week, Frankie and I flew to Dallas to spend the week with my family. Juston was supposed to be working in Cancun, so it made sense for us to be gone at that time. Then the swine flu happened, and Juston's trip was canceled, so he got to pug-sit at home instead. :) Frankie and I had a blast. Juston, not so much. We still love ya, hon!

Frankie, his cousin Elena who is his new bff, and Grandma at the park.


Playing with Thomas the train - chalk tracks and a cardboard box tunnel make for ultimate good times!


Blowing bubbles with Great Grandpa.


Taking a breather from all of that hard playin'. Once again, why does my son have a Diet Coke?


At Chuck E. Cheese, riding the little carousel. Frankie wouldn't look at us and instead made faces at himself the whole time.


Frankie and I with the other Frankie. It was so nice to see her again! Little Frankie didn't necessarily agree....


Frankie and Elena in 'child model' mode.


More posing.

Swimming with Uncle Zachary on Memorial Day. It was too cold for my big ol' self.

Now we're back in ATL, getting eaten alive by mosquitoes outside at the moment. I'm also trying to get back into 'work mode' as classes start up in a little over a week. The break was nice and badly needed! I'm sad that we didn't really get pictures of anyone except for Frankie and Elena as there were lots of other cousins and brothers and sisters and relatives around. It was so nice to see everyone again and catch up. We love you! I've also lost the blogging bug, so forgive me if I slack.

2 comments:

Becky said...

The picture of Frankie and Elena with their Great Grandpa is so cute. I love the look on his face. I am glad you had fun. Wish we could all be together sometime!

finau said...

I found your blog-love it. The diet coke pic cracks me up....truly a boy after my own heart.