Monday, January 05, 2009

How do you deal?


The past few days I've been struggling with what I call the 'January slump.' Christmas is over, there's no vacation in sight, it's all back to business and work, and the weather is gross, at least in Atlanta where it's been in the 60s and constantly rainy for several days. What do you do to get through this time of year? Last year it wasn't as much of an issue because we went to Hawaii in January, but this year? Bleccchhh. I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize: a couple of good movies are coming out soon, the Monster Truck Jam is this weekend (yep, I said that), but I'm struggling. I need some motivation; I'm pretty sure I can't just wallow in Super Mario Galaxy and ignore the real world much longer. How do you deal?

P.S. The rest of the pictures are coming up soon. When I get to it.
P.S.S I'm not complaining about the warm weather (you snowed in people, you) - it's more like a warm, yucky, humid and foggy soup here, which is just kinda gross in general. If it's going to be unseasonably warm, at least we should be able to go out and play!

5 comments:

Becky said...

I was feeling a little blah as well. Somehow sending my kids back to school this morning has really helped. Sorry, I know this doesn't help you. A warm bath with a magazine is good, too.

Vanessa said...

We have the premiere of Lost to look forward to this month... are you a Lost fan??

brenna said...

Be sure to take ear plugs to MonsterJam. We went two years ago. It was fun but insanely loud. Good luck with your slump :)

jenny said...

ditto on the slump. i always feel that way this time of year. and agreed, the weather isn't helping any. i don't know what to do with myself or demsond. i could use some suggestions too!

Jan said...

Hey Mary, I was in Utah over Christmas too. I like your hair, I always like how brave you are with it and it always looks good. Good luck getting over this slump. I'm struggling now that I live in winterwonderland. I feel totally stuck at home.