Monday, October 22, 2007

Back to the blog.


I took a week off from blogging last week. I just wasn't feeling it. Subsequently, I have a small backlog of stuff. Here goes.


I'm making Bridget's spider costume this Halloween. (PugFest is on Saturday!) We've never purchased a costume for our dog; it just seems sillier to make one, however, it usually ends up costing more money to make one. This year I'm going for a spider because I saw a baby wearing a costume like this online and thought I could easily adapt it to Bridget. In this image, we have the spider legs, or black men's socks from the $1 store stuffed with Buffalo Snow (aka cheapo bagged fake snow.) I've never been so glad to see Christmas stuff out before Halloween - what else was I going to use to stuff those socks?



I still can't seem to get the shirt size quite right. Here's Bridget in one version, demonstrating one of her legs. I might need to put wire into the legs to give them some shape. Hopefully she'll be so miserable in her costume that she won't attack the spider legs.



On to Frankie...one of his favorite new activities is pushing his high chair across the kitchen. In this photo, he's combined two of his favorite things - playing with pots and sitting under his misplaced high chair. Good times.



Last week, when I was at the Salvation Army buying Halloween costume stuff, I came across this dump truck and Frankie had to have it. He was throwing a temper tantrum - I didn't think that he could do that yet! Luckily it was only 49 cents, so it didn't set me back too much. Yesterday he decided that it would be a good idea to take a ride and Juston snapped some photos of him crowded into the bed of the dump truck.



Climbing. Yikes.


No comments: