Sunday, February 14, 2010

What is up with this winter?

So all of you folks in the midwest are going to think we are wimps, but it snowed again. And when it snows, everything shuts down. Traffic on Friday night (when it was actually snowing) was so bad that it took me almost an hour to go 4 miles and Juston and I ended up dropping Frankie off at a friends' house up in town and going to the movies (Wolfman! Yes!) so as to not have to drive home. By the time we left midtown, there was no one on the roads and the snow was still coming down hard. We got probably three inches, which is pretty significant. And then, Saturday morning, we went outside to play. :)

The house on Grady Place:


Well, Frankie finally got to wear the giant coat I got him last year on extreme clearance.


Making snowballs.


Check my flow.

Bridget, expressing her feelings and firmly planted next to the back door.


Yeah. This hat is a great hat, but not such a good look for me.


Ice skating in the driveway.


Ice from a bucket in the front yard. Yep. It was cold! Juston also wants me to point out his nice PartyLite hoodie. He does freelance camera work for them and sometimes gets free stuff. Can't knock free, especially when it's lined and warm.


They cancelled church 24 hours prior to church, which was a bit too early as all of the roads were cleared by Saturday around noon. So we got a guilt-free day off. And the best part is, it's supposed to snow again tomorrow, which means another day at home. Hooray. I'm developing some serious cabin fever; now that the cast is off, I'm ready to go!

1 comment:

charles said...

I think that hat is a great look for you.