Friday, March 13, 2009

The Ramp

So after five years of big talk about doing it, Juston finally did it. He built a skate ramp in the backyard. This is what happens when you can't afford to build a garage because it requires $6k in concrete but still want to build something, I guess. Juston's older brother Jason and his cousin Thayne came out this week to help and from what I can tell, they've had a great time bonding and using power tools.

Juston and Jason in the early stages.


This old billboard, donated by Cartoon Network to our cause, is the tarp that covers the completed ramp. Frankie and Bridget had fun running around on it.


Frankie doesn't really like power tools. He'll grow into it, I'm sure.

Bridget may or may not like the power tools, but she does like to chew on sticks outside and get in the middle of things.


Nice view, eh?


Frankie's first test run on the middle of the second day of operation 'skateboard ramp.'


Frankie watching.


Jason and Thayne sheeting the ramp. All that's left is a tiny bit of sheeting and another coat of paint and we'll be in skateboarding session. Maybe now is a good time for me to learn...

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

You definitely should learn to skate with a ramp in your backyard!

brenna said...

That's awesome. My two older brother built a ramp in our backyard when I was a few years old-I barely remember it. Did they build all of that in one day?

Heather Bay said...

OMG. Ca you get some Flat Stanley pics with this? My kids will think you guys are the absolute coolest people ever. You will get fan mail from third graders.

Jan said...

I love it! Frankie is going to be the cool kid on the block.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

If we lived in ATL, I'm sure my husband would be over there wanting to relive his glory skate days!! How cool.

Sarah said...

you kids are so awesome...

charles said...

Peter is going to flip out!!!!!!