Monday, January 10, 2011

Snowpocalypse, Snowmageddon, Snowtopia, Snowed in.

It snowed here last night. A LOT. In many parts of the world, the governments are prepared for snow and have plows, salt, etc., in order to keep things moving along. Not in Atlanta. The entire city has been crippled for over twenty-four hours. School was cancelled today and is closed tomorrow. Juston's work shut down, so he got a grownup snow day. We watched one of our neighbors spin his tires while trying to back out of the driveway. The freeways are giant sheets of ice. Needless to say, we went nowhere today. We did, however, involve ourselves in some cold-weather mayhem.

We forced Bridget to wear a sweater. And then Juston thought a bib would be a nice addition (edit: i can't believe i put "edition". smh.) to the ensemble. I'm pretty sure she hates us.

Here's a bad, low-light photo of the early stages of the snow at around 11 PM Sunday night.

Snow on the trampoline!


My face is half-frozen. This is my "I missed my first day of marathon training because of this stupid snow" expression.


Harper just wanted a wagon ride. I eventually gave in and pulled her along the road, which was basically a bunch of ice. (That, and she whined and gave me some stink eye until I caved in.)

The rosemary never dies!



We used a laundry basket as a sled. We make do!


Since we are low on milk and bread, we might have to pull the wagon to the grocery store tomorrow; it's only about half a mile away. Juston's work has already issued an announcement for employees to call in at 10 AM and find out the final status for tomorrow, so it looks like he at least gets another sleep in due to the weather. (Maybe he'll get the priviledge of staying home to finish insulating the floors.) And that's day #2 of marathon training shot since I'm not about to run on solid ice and I can't drive to get to the gym (not that it's open anyway.) Oh well! Might as well stay home and eat cookies. :)

No comments: