Sunday, May 02, 2010

Hat Fancy

Our awesome neighbors the McBees had a Kentucky Derby party yesterday, so of course, we had to have hats. I told Frankie we were going to a 'hat party,' and he really got into it. I found some ugly fake flowers in my 'stuff' (aka the crap under my house) and decided that we needed to use them to adorn our rather plain and boring hats. Frankie *insisted* that he have all three white flowers on his hat and he did not take his hat off for the entire almost four hours that we were at the party. Never mind that no other kid there was wearing a hat, much less one covered in fake foliage. It looked especially classy when he was pushing around a digger and collecting mud.


Harper's hat was a bit more subdued. (This one is "posed by Frankie", aka holding hands.)




Sadly, our horses did not win the high-stakes $1 betting. I guess we just aren't cut out for a life of gambling.

No comments: